Hello and welcome to Alphacrucis College. My name is Jeremy Hodson and I am the Director of Student Services at AC.
At AC we have a distinguished history of successful graduates that are changing the world. Whether they be serving in pastoral ministry, business, creative arts or teaching, we are proud of our gradates and believe that as you study here at AC, you will join our alumni in changing the world.
It is the aim of our College to provide student services to all our students in such a way that we exceed their expectations and these services enhance their experience and ensure that they are well positioned to achieve success in their studies.
Student Services are provided according to Campus and Program. These Campuses of AC are:
- Baulkham Hills
- Global Online
All the services are provided consistently across all campuses and programs, unless noted.
As you navigate through the various pages you will discover services that are offered by Program Directors, Academic and Administrative personal and services that are offered by Campus Directors. If by any chance, you have questions that you cannot locate the appropriate person, please email me.
Bimonthly we send the Principals eNewsletter to students and this is one of the primary tools used to communicate events of the college and important dates to add to your calendar. If you are not receiving this publication please contact us.
For your interest I have included the list of AC Graduate Attributes below, these are our benchmark for gauging student’s success in study at AC.
My hope is that AC can equip you for success in your calling.Regards,
Ps Jeremy Hodson
Director of Student Services
- Christian Worldview: Knowledge of the Christian story, derived from the Scriptures and tradition of the church. An awareness of the implications of this story for self identity in the context of local and global communities. This includes a commitment to engage with alternate worldviews, showing appreciation of the values and perspectives of others.
- Integrity and Justice: The ability to apply a Christian worldview in the diverse situations and responsibilities of life, and to exercise faith, hope, love and generosity as prevailing attitudes. This includes the active promotion of social justice, equality, mutual respect and an ecological ethos.
- Communications: The ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences, in appropriate contexts using high levels of verbal, written and technological skills. This includes visual and media literacy, numeracy, rhetoric and persuasion.
- Personal and Social Skills: Demonstrate relational skills that incorporate the flexibility for both independent and collaborative situations. This includes personal and group organizational skills, conflict management and resolution, as well as the ability to value and respect the opinions of others.
- Critical and Creative Thinking: A capacity for critical and reflective thinking that is explored not only individually but within a community context. This includes a capacity to be creative and to research, analyse and resolve problems in innovative and prophetic ways.
- Professional Knowledge: Use and maintain knowledge about a discipline or field in terms of theoretical, conceptual and methodical elements, striving continually and independently to secure further knowledge and where appropriate, defined professional skills.