International StudentsIf you are not an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa you need to decide where you want to study: do you want to study from your home country or do you want to study in Australia? Alphacrucis College (AC) offers both options.
Am I an International Student?
You are considered to be an international student if you are NOT:
- an Australian citizen, or
- a New Zealand citizen, or
- a dual citizen of any country with Australia or New Zealand, or
- a permanent resident of Australia.
If you meet any of these criteria you are considered to be a domestic student.
You are an international student if you hold a permit for temporary entry to Australia. For example, if your status is: overseas student, permanent resident of New Zealand, diplomat, temporary resident holding a work permit, refugee, a dependent of any of the above, etc.
Study in Australia
Nothing beats the experience of being part of our community and participating in our classroom discussions! If you decide you want to study in Australia, it is important to realise that you will need to apply for a Study Visa and are legally obliged to enrol for full-time study.
If you are not an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa and you decide to come to Australia to study you will need to apply for a Study Visa.
Why Study in Australia?
Australia has become one of the most popular student destinations in the world, where international students can enjoy the relaxed outdoor lifestyle of Australia while learning in one of the best education systems in the world. Click here to read more …
Study from HomeFor students who decide to study from their home country, AC brings education to you by offering many subjects and degrees by distance education allowing you to study from anywhere in the world. AC offers a flexible delivery option for a large number of subjects without compromising the quality of your education. Flexible delivery means that you will have access to our e-Learning platform which provides resources, podcasts, online forums and tutor assistance that allows you to complete your studies from your home country.
What is distance education?Distance education aims to deliver a quality university education to students who are not able to be physically present on campus. With flexible study options, you can study from home, work, or anywhere in the world, at a time that suits you and your lifestyle.
How does distance education work?When you’re a distance education student with AC, your learning experience is enhanced through our flexible study delivery options. Distance education combines course materials with a comprehensive online learning environment.
Distance education key benefits
- receive the same top-level education as studying on campus
- upgrade your qualifications whenever you choose
- balance study with work, family or financial commitments
- your degree testamur does not indicate that you studied by distance education
International Student Application Process
Step 1 - Application
- Complete the online International Student Application Form.
- To apply: click this link.
- Your application will be assessed according to the academic entry requirements for your chosen award.
- ALSO Complete the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Pack. Found at this link. This is to be completed and returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Documents required in your application include: Certified Passport Data page; Proof of English proficiency (if English is not your first language OR you are from an AL3 country); Certified Transcripts if seeking cross credits OR direct entry into a Master’s program.
Step 2 - Academic and GTE Assessment
- Once a complete International Student Application Form and GTE pack are received, the entire Application is assessed by the International Student Office (ISO). (Please note, no applications will be processed until all required documents and forms are submitted).
- If you are currently outside of Australia an interview with the ISO may be required (usually conducted via Skype)
Step 3: Final Approval/CoE Issued
- If the ISO is satisfied that you are a Genuine Temporary Entrant, an unconditional Letter of Offer will be issued.
- You will need to sign and return this Letter of Offer and pay the first semester’s fees.
- Once your signed Letter of Offer and fees have been received, you will be issued with a CoE which can then be used to apply for your student visa.
International Students - Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP)From 22 March 2014 Alphacrucis (AC) is an approved participant in the SVP program for Higher Education providers. SVP simplifies the student visa assessment process so that students with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for an eligible course at a participating Higher Education provider such as AC will generally have reduced evidentiary requirements when applying for a student visa. This is because, regardless of their country of origin, students studying with an SVP approved provider are assessed as though they are a lower migration risk. Students will still have to meet requirements in regard to English-language proficiency and financial capacity, and will have to demonstrate that they are a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE).
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirements
As part of the SVP program, AC is required to ensure applicants are genuine students and genuine temporary entrants. When you complete your application to study at AC you must carefully read and sign all the forms within the GTE pack.