AC Colloquia Series
The AC Colloquia Series presents an internal forum for faculty and postgraduate students to share their latest research “in house” for feedback from and discussion amongst colleagues. Each colloquium typically has two speakers, with time for Q&A after each presentation. The colloquia are held at AC Parramatta campus.
- 1 March 2016: Speakers - Assoc Prof Matthew Del Nevo (Faculty of Theology) and Stephen Brinton (Faculty of Education).
- 5 April 2016: Speakers - Dr Adam White (Faculty of Theology) and Phillip Webb (postgraduate student).
- 3 May 2016: Speakers - Dr Daniel Thornton (Faculty of Education) and Paul Camac (postgraduate student).
- 7 June 2016: Speakers - Samuel Hill (postgraduate student) and Caroline Batchelder (Faculty of Theology).
- 2 August 2016: Speakers - Micheline Facey (postgraduate student) and Dr Jim Twelves (Faculty of Education).
- 6 September 2016: Speaker - Craig Hall (postgraduate student).
- 11 October 2016: Speakers - Dr Robyn Wrigley-Carr (Faculty of Theology) and Kevin Hovey (Faculty of Theology).
- 1 November 2016: Speakers - Dean O’Keefe (Faculty of Theology) and Daryl Potts (Faculty of Theology).
3 March 2015
- “Sustainable church planting in socially and economically disadvantaged communities” by Rowan Armstrong, presentation of Masters project.
- “From a good idea to a published book” by Dr Ian Jagelman, senior lecturer in leadership.
14 April 2015
- “Reaching the next generation? Reorienting Australian Pentecostalism as a spiritual expression for the aging” by Greta Wells, associate lecturer in ministry.
- “Where is the wise man? Greco-Roman education as a background to the division in 1 Corinthians 1-4” by Dr Adam White, lecturer in New Testament studies.
5 May 2015
- “”Exploring the contemporary congregational song genre” by Daniel Thornton, lecturer in music.
- “Towards a sustainable model for Christian education” by Dr Jim Twelves, Dean, Faculty of Education.
2 June 2015
- “Creating community in online Christian higher education” by Assoc Prof Lily Arasaratnam-Smith, Director of Research.
- “‘And made no distinction between us’(Acts15:1-31): Spirit, scripture, and community in evaluating cultural norms” by Micheline Facey, associate lecturer in ministry.
4 August 2015
- “A Pentecostal pedagogy: How the teacher listens to the Spirit in teaching” by Dean O’Keefe, Director of Vocational Education & Training program.
- “Christian ethics in the public sphere and asylum seekers” by Andrew Youd, associate lecturer in theology.
1 September 2015
- “Between a rock and the back of God: A narrative-geographical exploration of Exodus 33:18-23” by Narelle Coetzee, associate lecturer in Old Testament studies.
13 October 2015
- “The Mongolian Assemblies of God: A model for Asian Pentecostal leadership” by Assoc Prof Denise Austin, Director, Australasian Pentecostal Studies Centre.
- “Adjudication of concepts: Tippett’s life theme of the importance of strategic missionology and strategic missionary practice” by Kevin Hovey, lecturer in ministry and missions.