Details for Theological Horizons of Worldview
This unit introduces students to the central doctrines of Christian faith, and considers the way in which these inform the development of personal worldview and frame the life and mission of the church.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: THE401
- Credit points: 10
The unit Theological Horizons of Worldview is part of the subject area Theology and is offered as a part of the following Awards: Master of Arts (Christian Studies) (Alphacrucis College (NSW Dept. of Education)).
At the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of alternative approaches to the theological task and the ability approach theological questions using a consistent method;
- demonstrate an understanding of the principal loci of Christian theology, and show how these inform the development of a worldview;
- generously analyse and critique alternate perspectives, assumptions and conclusions; exhibit an ability to relate theological concepts to the development of worldview and to issues of everyday life, vocation and ministry.
- Worldview and its connection to theology
- Theological Method
- God and creation
- Humanity and Fall
- Christ and Redemption; Spirit, church and Hope
Forum responses, minor essay, major essay, exam.
Ormerod, N. Grace, Creation and Redemption. Maryknoll: Orbis, 2007.
Bertand, M., Rethinking Worldview, Wheaton, Ill: Crossway, 2007.
Bevans, S. An Introduction to Theology in Global Perspective, Maryknoll, NY: Orbis, 2009.
Collins, Paul M. ... [et al.], Christian community now: ecclesiological investigations, London; New York: T & T Clark, 2008.
Harper, B. & Metzger P., Exploring Ecclesiology: An Evangelical and Ecumenical Introduction, Grand Rapids, MI: Baker, 2009
Macchia, F. Baptized in the Spirit: a global Pentecostal theology. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 2006.
McGrath, A. Christian Theology: An Introduction (4th Ed.), Oxford: Blackwell, 2006.
Migliore, D. Faith Seeking Understanding. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2004.
Sire, J. The Universe Next Door: A Basic Worldview Catalog, Grand Rapids, MI: IVP, 2009.
Tanner, K. God and Creation in Christian Theology. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress, 2004.