Details for Integrative Seminar Pastoral Ministry
This advanced-level unit gives students an opportunity to participate in a seminar-based environment to explore the theological, historical and cultural issues pertaining to pastoral ministry. It specifically provides students with the opportunity to integrate in-depth academic reflections from their previously units with their own ministry and Christian engagement.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: MIN301
- Credit points: 10
2 x MIN units
The unit Integrative Seminar Pastoral Ministry is part of the subject area Ministry and is offered as a part of the following Awards: Bachelor of Applied Theology (Korean) (Alphacrucis College (NSW Dept. of Education)), Bachelor of Contemporary Ministry (Alphacrucis College (NSW Dept. of Education)).
This seminar based course unit discusses the theological issues involved in pastoral ministry at an advanced level in light of growing practical and theoretical experience.
- Historical perspectives in pastoral theology
- Various theological models for the integration of theory and practice
- Biblical examples of ministry and the theological understanding of these models
- Model of the self
- Contexts for pastoral care and counselling skills
- Application of the learning to specific pastoral situations situations and issues
This course may be offered in the following formats
Lectures, guided discussion/reflections, tutorials.
Comparative Book Review (30%, 1500 words); Devotional Reflection (20%, 1250 words); Major Essay (50%, 2500 words)
- Atkinson, D. and D.H. Field (eds.). The New Dictionary of Christian Ethics and
- Pastoral Theology. Downers Grove, IL.:InterVarsity Press, 1995.
- Clebsch, W. A. and Jaekle, C. R. Pastoral Care in Historical Perspective. New York: J. Aronson, Distributed by Scribner Book Companies, 1983.
- Cohen, M (née Hickin). The Divided Self. New York: Harper Collins, 1996.
- Hunsinger, D. van. Theology and Pastoral Counseling. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans, 1995.
- Jacob, M. Towards the Fulness of Christ. DLT, 1988.
- Lynch, P.: The Church’s Story. Strathfield, NSW.: St Paul’s Publications, 2005.
- Nouwen, H. The Wounded Healer: Ministry in Contemporary Society. London: Longton & Todd, 1972.
- Oden, T. Pastoral Theology: Essentials of Ministry. New York: Harper, 1983.
- Peterson, E.H. Working the Angles: The Shape of Pastoral Integrity.Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1987.
- Stevens, B.A. Setting Captives Free. New York: Harper Collins, 1996.
- Woodward, J., and Pattison, S (eds.). The Blackwell Reader in Pastoral & Practical Theology. Oxford: Blackwell Publishers, 2000.