Details for Ministry Internship
This unit incorporates learning experiences at a practical level. It provides students with an opportunity to reflect on both the practice and theory of ministry. This reflection occurs with a certified supervisor, as well as in classroom and small group contexts. Mentoring is provided by certified pastors or leaders in specialized ministries.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EXP501
- Credit points: 10
Co-requisite: MIN401 Foundation of Pastoral Theology
The unit Ministry Internship is part of the subject area Ministry and is offered as a part of the following Awards: Master of Arts (Christian Studies) (Alphacrucis College (NSW Dept. of Education)).
At the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the process of theological reflection
- describe in detail the competencies required for effective ministry
- demonstrate the advanced skill level appropriate for their ministry experience
- critically evaluate personal actions in ministry through theological reflection 5. value the feedback found in a mentoring relationship
- Introduction to theological reflection
- Ministry competencies
- Specific ministry issues: cases and workshops
- Personal development and discipline
- Legal and ethical requirements
Field reports, case study, theological reflection.
- Garrido, A. A Concise Guide to Supervising a Ministry Student. Notre Dame, Ind.: Ave Maria Press, 2008.
- Hillman, G. Ministry Greenhouse: Cultivating Environments for Practical Learning. Herndon, Va.: Alban Institute, 2008.
Brazo, Carol. Divine Secrets of Mentoring. Downer’s Grove: InterVarsity, 2004.
Donovan, Craig P. and Jim Garnett. Internships for Dummies. New York: Hungry Minds, 2001.
Hillman, George M. (ed.). Preparing for Ministry: A Practical Guide to Theological Field Education. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Kregel, 2008.
Holmes III, U.T. & Holmes, U.T. Spirituality for Ministry. San Francisco: Morehouse Publishing, 2002.
Kent, M. Becoming a Woman of Influence. Colorado Springs, Colo.: NavPress Publishing, 2006.
Kraft, Vickie, and Gwynne Johnson. Women Mentoring Women. Chicago: Moody, 2003.
Malphurs, Aubrey. Being Leaders. Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 2003.
Otto, Donna. Finding a Mentor, Being a Mentor. Eugene: Harvest House, 2001.