Details for Reading the Synoptic Gospels
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: BIB550
- Credit points: 10
The following courses are prerequisites:
The unit Reading the Synoptic Gospels is part of the subject area Biblical Studies and is offered as a part of the following Awards: Master of Arts (Alphacrucis College (NSW Dept. of Education)), Graduate Certificate in Arts (Alphacrucis College (NSW Dept. of Education)), Graduate Diploma in Arts (Alphacrucis College (NSW Dept. of Education)).
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Describe the distinctive symbolism, structure, style, theology and rhetoric of the New Testament gospels.
- Critique the contemporary debates concerning the origin, unity, ideology and ethics of the gospel narratives.
- Critically evaluate both the primary biblical materials and secondary literature from a range of perspectives.
- Explain the historical, geographical and social background of the gospels.
- Summarise the key theological themes of the gospel narratives.
Essay, Presentation, Exam