Education Agents can help prospective international students with their application, certify original documents, and assist them in applying for their student visa. Education Agents help many students study at Alphacrucis each year and they have experience in working with international students. To see a list of authorised Education Agents that Alphacrucis uses click here.
Alphacrucis is continually seeking Agent applications for agents who wish to enrol students in our courses. Established in 1948, Alphacrucis is one of Australia’s truly outstanding Christian tertiary institutions. Located in the geographical heart of Sydney, Australia, it has played a major role in the academic and spiritual development of thousands of Christian leaders who have shaped - and are shaping - the Church in Australia and throughout the world.
Once you have read and agree with the Alphacrucis Education Agents Policy and Procedure in dealing with agents, download the Agent Application Form to complete and return to Alphacrucis with any additional information you may want to supply. Subject to reference checks, an agent agreement will then be forwarded to you.
Education Agents Policy and Procedure
Alphacrucis will only enter into service arrangements/MOU with Education, Migration Agencies or Agents when their service activities have been agreed to and a written agreement is ratified and signed by the RTO Manager/PEO.
Alphacrucis will take all reasonable measures to use Education Agents that have an appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Australian International Education Industry.
1 Purpose and Scope
Alphacrucis will not use Education Agents who are dishonest or lack integrity. All Education Agents engaged by Alphacrucis are required to read and be aware of the regulations regarding international students as stipulated in The National Code 2007.
Alphacrucis is fully aware of and abides by the regulations stipulated in the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students (The National Code 2007) in its dealing with Education Agents both on-shore (in Australia) and overseas.
International Manager VET
Director Of Vocational Education and Training
3 Education Agents Procedure
In entering into a service agreement with an Education, Migration Agent or Agency, the International Manager VET shall ensure that the Alphacrucis Education Agency Agreement includes:
- Bi annual review of the activities of the agent or agency.
- Quarterly reports of agency activities and client satisfaction data
- Corrective action procedures
- Scheduled student enrolment information updates
- Termination conditions (immediate where failures to meet National Code or Migration Act 1958 requirements are encountered)
Further to the establishment of the MOU or Contract of Agreement the International Manager VET shall ensure that:
- Education or Migration agents are provided with current and up to date information that relates to Alphacrucis training and assessment services on offer to overseas students.
- Education or Migration agents operating on its behalf will be required to produce their certifications that relate to their service provision.
- Education or Migration agents operating on its behalf are screened (current references) to ensure that their service history is without contravention of the rules of the Migration agent’s code of practice or provisions of the Migration Act 1958
- Education or Migration agents who are new operators and unable to provide references will be given a six month probationary service agreement in which the Education or Migration agents will be able to represent Alphacrucis in full capacity. Probationary Agreement may be terminated at any time by both Alphacrucis and Education or Migration agents.
4 Agents Fee Structure
Education or Migration agents will ensure that all student fees are paid to Alphacrucis. Education or Migration agents are to pay the full amount to Alphacrucis accompanied with an invoice that will be paid within 7-14 days. The invoice is to reflect the agreed Agent fee as stated on the service agreement.
- Agents fee will be based on tuition fee only
- Agents are not to offer students discounted fees from agent fee (this will result in termination of service agreement between Alphacrucis and Agent)
5 References and Documentation
- ESOS Act and Regulations
- The National Code 2007
- Education and Training to Overseas Students
- PRISMS User Manual
- Migration Act 1958