Applying for studies at Alphacrucis
Entry requirements for different programs at Alphacrucis vary. Check entry requirements for the program you are interested in at Course Entry Requirements or by clicking on the program link on the School’s webpage.
The application process is the same, whether you choose to study from your home country or come to Australia. After choosing the program you would like to enrol in and determining the entry requirements, you need to complete the Alphacrucis Application Form. You can find the Application Form listed on this page. The application needs to be posted to Alphacrucis College by mail together with all the other required documents for international application (see below). After you have submitted all required documents your application will be taken to the Admissions Committee.
Additional required documents for International Applicants are outlined below.International Student Application Process
Preparing an Application
Before you start filling out the Application form, you need to consider what basis you seek admission and what form of study is right for you?
On what basis are you seeking admission?
- Normal Entry
- This option is used if you meet all entry requirements.
- Mature Age Entry
- If you have turned 21 but have not previously completed any academic studies that you are able to seek entry on, this option is available FOR (BCM Award only).
What form of study is right for you?
There are two options for international applicants when considering their study program:
- Study from home (remain in your country)
- If you are intending to study via distance education, you may complete your studies from home. Most of the courses offered at Alphacrucis can be taken through our flexible delivery option. If you are intending to study via distance education from your home country you have the option of studying full-time, part-time or Non-Award / Casual studies. Not all subjects are available through distance mode./li>
- Study in Australia
- If you are intending to study in Australia as a face-to-face student, please read the information about Student Visas.
Evidence of English Proficiency
As an overseas student you may need to provide evidence of English proficiency as part of your application. Please see the entry requirements for the course that you are seeking admission to. Sometimes the educational institution does not require an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test based on providing evidence of studies completed in English; however the immigration might request an IELTS to be taken due to visa regulations. Please visit http://www.immi.gov.au/students/english-requirements.htm
If you need to take an IELTS (or equivalent) test please contact a test centre in your country and schedule an IELTS as soon as possible, as it can take three or four months to sit the test, depending upon availability. If you are from a country with an assessment level 3 or 4 you will needs an IELTS test result for your Student Visa Application. When sitting the test you can ask the testing centre to mail your results directly to Alphacrucis (Admissions Office, PO Box 337, Parramatta NSW 2124, Australia).
International Student Agreement Form
This form is an agreement between you, as a student, and Alphacrucis, as the Educational Institution. It helps us to process your application and allows us to better support you in your studies.
International Student Questionnaire
The questionnaire helps us to certify that you are eligible to study at Alphacrucis and will inform us of your circumstances upon arriving to Australia.
International Student Application Fee
The application fee for an international student is $200. See the Application Form for details on how to pay fees.
How to complete the Application Form and supporting documents needed
It is important that you know how to complete the Application Form and know what supporting documents you need to submit with your Application. If your Application is received incomplete, it cannot be processed.
- Fill out an Application Form
- It is important that you complete ALL fields of the Application Form. If you feel that something does not apply to you, please write N/A (not applicable) in the filed. Please make sure you SIGN the Application form in three places.
- Character References
- Character reference need to be not older than a year and written by someone that has known you for at least two years. Family members or Next of Kin cannot write you a character reference. The character reference needs to include how the person knows you and in what context, how long has the person known you, what can the person say about your character and does the person recommend you for studies at Alphacrucis.
- Certified (notarised) copies of any relevant academic transcripts
- All Academic Transcripts that you provide with your Application need to be certified/notarised. A certified/notarised copy indicates that an authorised person has signed off on the copy being true to the original. Each country has its own notirising service.
- Certified/notarised copy of your Passport
- You need to provide a certified/notarised copy of your Passport with your Application. This copy is needed to be able to verify your citizenship. A certified/notarised copy indicates that an authorised person has signed off on the copy being true to the original. Each country has its own notirising service.
- Passport-sized photo
- Please email a digital file of a passport-sized photo to email@example.com
- IELTS test result
- If you have not completed at least a Certificate IV delivered in English and can provide evidence of this, you need to provide us with an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test result. Another test you can take is the TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language). If you are from a country with an assessment level 3 or 4 you will need an IELTS test result for the Student Visa Application. For more information about your country’s assessment lever, please visit www.immi.gov.au. As mentioned above, please schedule an IELTS as soon as possible in your country, as it can sometime take 3-4 months to sit the test depending upon availability. When sitting the test you can ask the testing centre to mail your test results directly to Admissions, Alphacrucis College, PO Box 337, Parramatta NSW 2124, Australia.
- $200 Application Fee
- You can chose in what way you want to pay the $200 fee. For more information, please see “How to pay fees”.
Some courses have further entry requirements. You should check the Course Entry Requirements page.
Summary: Application Checklist
Before you submit your Application, please make sure it is complete according to the following list:
- Application for Admission Form completed and signed
- Character references (not from family members)
- Certified copies of relevant Academic Transcripts
- Certified copy of your Passport
- x1 Passport Photo (Digital version)
- IELTS test result
- Any additional entry requirements for your course listed on the Course Entry Requirements page.
Submitting the Application
Complete the Application Form and forward it to Admissions at Alphacrucis by the relevant closing dates. Prospective students are advised to post it to the address on the Application Form. All supporting documentation must be included with the application. Faxed or emailed applications will NOT be processed until the original copy of the application with its supporting documentation has been received. An application will not be processed without the $200 application fee received. Any application fees can be paid by cash (only in person), cheque, credit card, direct deposit or by Telegraphic Transfer. Please see the Application Form for details.
Send completed applications to:
Admissions Alphacrucis College PO Box 337 Parramatta NSW 2124 AUSTRALIA
What Happens Once I Submit My Application?
Once your application has been received, you will receive an e-mail from Admissions to confirm receipt. Your application will then be processed and you will be notified by e-mail and post the outcome of your application. This process takes approximately one month. Please feel free to contact our office at any time to find out the status of your application.
Accepting an Offer
What Should I Do if My Application Is Approved?
If your Application to become a student of Alphacrucis is successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer and an Offer Acceptance Advice Form, which you will need to complete and return to Admissions by the specified time, to officially accept your place as a student and its terms and conditions. In most courses, students may defer their place.
If you wish to decline or defer your offer, please email or contact Admissions.