High School Leavers
Studying in Year 12 or recently finished high school? Check out what AC has to offer.
What course is best for me?
There are a couple of questions you will need to answer in order to determine what course is best suited for you:
1. Do I want to study towards a qualification?
- Yes: go to question 2
- No: if you are not interested in studying towards a qualification you can enrol in individual subjects as a not-for-credit student (also known as Audit studies). This means you can attend class without the pressure of assessments.
- Not Sure: AC offers internationally recognised courses at vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate level. But if you are not yet sure about what you want to do in the future and would just like to spend some time learning more about life, God and the world around you before embarking on further education, we offer a great Gap Year Program in which you can do just that.
2. How many years do I want to study?
- 1 Year = Certificate and SmartPath Diploma of Business Our certificate programs can be completed in one year (full-time). The SmartPath Diploma of Business (incorporating the CIV in Business) can also be completed ion one year (full-time or part-time). These programs are at Vocational Education & Training level. Upon completion, students can continue their studies into a Diploma or Degree program.
- 2 Years = Diploma Our ministry or leadership diploma programs can each be completed in two years (full-time). These programs are at Vocational Education & Training level. Upon completion, students can continue their studies into a Degree program.
- 3 Years = Bachelor Degree Our bachelor degree programs can be completed in three years (full-time). These programs are at Undergraduate level. Upon completion, students can continue their studies into an Honours or Masters program (provided they fulfill course entry requirements).
- 4 Years = Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Ministry double-degree Completed in four years (full-time), the BBus/BMin is the only business and ministry double degree in Australia. Upon completion, students can continue their studies into an Honours or Masters program (provided they fulfill course entry requirements).
3. What subject areas can I specialise in?
|Cross Cultural Ministry||✔||✔||✔|
|Pastoral Theology & Practice||✔|
You can find further information on our Course Options page.
4. Can I recieve Youth Allowance or FEE-HELP?
Youth Allowance is available for full-time Australian citizen students who are enrolled in our Certificate, Diploma and Degree programs. To check your eligibility, please visit the Centrelink website.
FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP is available for our diploma level and higher education programs. To check your eligibility for FEE-HELP and to find out more information, please visit the Study Assist government website. You can find out which courses offer FEE-HELP at our Course Options page.
5. What ATAR will I need?
Students applying for our Certificate and Diploma programs do not require an Australian Tertiary Admision Rank (ATAR).
Students applying for our Degree programs will need an ATAR of 65+ or its equivalent.
Visit our Course Entry Requirements page for further information.